Watching this series of excerpts from The War on Kids, I believe there has been a concerted effort to take the spirit out of our children, to make them docile and compliant. From what I see, if I was in school today they would have put me on Ritalin or some other psychotropic mix. At about 10:00 in the video below, if you do not want to watch the entire 13:37 minutes, the speaker goes over the “symptoms” of a child with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) that might benefit from pharmaceuticals. As he lists them, you begin to understand these are specifically behaviors a child displays in a classroom setting.
- Often fidgets with hands or feet and squirms in seat
- Often leaves seat in classroom
- Often runs about or climbs excessively
- Often blurts out answers before questions have been completed
- Often has difficulty awaiting turn
- Often fails to pay close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in school work
- Often has difficulty sustaining attention in tasks or play activities
- Often doesn’t seem to listen when spoken to directly
- Often loses things necessary for tasks or activities
“These are diagnoses to control classrooms!” Why would a “disease” be defined by behaviors in a particular setting?
When we look at the school shootings in recent years, these kids all have one thing in common. They have been on psychologically and physiologically altering pharmaceuticals or were coming off of them. England has banned the use of these drugs with kids and adolescents. They dramatically increase the rates of suicide and murder in children.
We have a big problem, and if we allow the drugging of our children instead of demanding that teachers do their job, we will lose the war on kids!